- Restaurateurs welcome modernization of Saskatchewan's liquor regulations (May 17/13)
The further modernization of Saskatchewan\'s liquor regulations implemented this week is welcome news to the province\'s $2-billion restaurant sector.
- Modernization of Manitoba's liquor laws good news for restaurateurs, all Manitobans (May 16/13)
The provincial government\'s move to modernize liquor laws is welcome news to Manitoba\'s $2-billion restaurant sector.
- Looming LCBO strike just the tip of the iceberg for Ontario bars and restaurants (May 16/13)
Ontario\'s bars and restaurants are operating under a cloud of uncertainty heading into a busy long weekend due to the threat of a strike by Liquor Control Board of Ontario employees.
- Survey shows restaurateurs optimistic for sizzling summer sales (May 7/13)
With patio season upon us, more than one-third of restaurateurs expect sales growth to pick up steam over the next six months.
- Ontario restaurants will play a major role in youth employment (May 2/13)
Ontario\'s $25 billion restaurant industry is prepared to play a significant role to grow youth employment – a priority in the 2013 Ontario Budget.
- Canadian Dairy Commission Announces New Milk Class for Mozzarella Cheese (May 1/13)
The Canadian Dairy Commission (CDC) has announced the creation of a milk class for mozzarella cheese to be used on fresh pizzas.
- Media advisory: Restaurant spokespeople available at tomorrow’s Ontario budget (May 1/13)
As one of the province’s largest employers, Ontario’s restaurant industry will be watching tomorrow’s budget for actions that help operators grow their businesses, stimulate job creation, and display the province’s culinary talent.
- "No PST Hike" rally tomorrow (May 1/13)
The Canadian Taxpayers Federation (CTF), Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) and Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association (CRFA) reminded Manitobans today about the rally against the PST hike at the Legislative Building tomorrow evening.
- Media Advisory: Coalition to Host Rally at Legislature to Stop PST Hike (Apr. 26/13)
A coalition of Manitoba organizations have joined forces to host a rally at the Legislature to stop the planned PST hike.
- Make Informed Dining Ontario's standard nutrition information program (Apr. 23/13)
The restaurant industry supports the City of Toronto in seeking provincial action on providing nutrition information – and urges Ontario to adopt the Informed Dining program as the provincial standard to ensure comprehensive nutritional information is available to Ontarians.
- Manitoba budget lines government's pockets at the expense of restaurants (Apr. 16/13)
Today\'s Manitoba budget further shrinks the size of the economic pie by raising taxes and labour costs, on top of a hike in liquor prices.
- Manitoba's 2013 budget: Restaurant industry spokesperson available for comment (Apr. 15/13)
Dwayne Marling, Manitoba-Saskatchewan Vice President of the Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association (CRFA), will be available to provide small business reaction to the provincial budget.